Trop Jr Finalists
Trop Jr has announced its 16 finalist films.
To make the cut, entrants had to create a film of less than seven minutes based on a signature item, which for December 2013 was ‘Monster’.
The 16 finalists come from across Australia, with most of the shorts being directed by first-time Trop Jr entrants.
This year, the finalists will compete for a stack of great prizes including a $5,000 cash prize for the winning film.
Some talented youngsters are actually taking their second shot at the big prize.
15 year-old Oliver Levi-Malouf and 12 year-old Catriona Warren have both been Trop Jr finalists in previous competitions.
The following Trop Jr finalist films will show at Centennial Park, Sydney on 8 December:
- DAY OF FUN, Mitch Tooley, NSW
- THE COMEDIAN, Eloise Dalais, Eloise MacLennan, Aedan MacNamara, Sid Sohoni, Tom Williams and Miles Bessis, NSW
- FIGMENT, Kalana Vithana, VICEYES, Conor Jamieson, VIC
- IT’S NOT EASY BEING A MONSTER, Oliver Bailey, Oliver Crawford Smith and Joseph Bondy, VIC
- WITHIN, Hamish O’Donnell, VIC
- TALL AGAIN, Josh Lorschy, NSW
- CARAMELLA ISLAND, Sophie French & AbbSchool (extra-curricular activities group at Abbotsleigh School for Girls), NSW
- THE OTHER SIDE OF FEAR, Michael Firus, VIC
- ONE SMALL STEP, Nicola Hook, NSW
- THE ADVENTURES OF LUCY, Adrian Di Salle, VIC
- RED PANDA MAN, Darwin Schulze, NSW
- ROAR! Catriona Warren and Emma Buckley, VIC
- MONSTER, Lilian Andrew, NSW
- THE SILENT FILM’O'NATOR, Liam Alexander and Harry Vasey, NSW
- PENELOPE’S PENGUIN, Oliver Levi-Malouf, ACT
The ACTF is the presenting partner of Trop Jr, for more infomation please visit theTrop Jr website.