My Place - For Teachers
Teaching Resource - External Websites
About this Resource
The My Place for Teachers website (www.myplace.edu.au) provides rich educational material to support primary and lower-secondary teachers using the My Place TV series in the classroom.
Since 1988, thousands of Australian teachers have used the My Place book to support the teaching of Australian History and English.
The My Place for Teachers website features teaching materials from both series 1 and 2 and includes:
- 2 Decade Timelines, 2000s-1880s and 1870s-Before Time, each highlighting events of Australian History and politics, Society and culture and Science & technology, that underpin the stories of the children and the development of Australia. Each decade cites selected Indigenous and non-Indigenous histories.
- 78 clips, each with associated Teaching Activities and student activity sheets for Years 3-6 and beyond. The activities have rich curriculum content that relate directly to the Australian curriculum for the studies of History and English.
- 3 main Themes and 22 sub-themes, where teachers can search for relevant resources to support their individual programs.
- Behind the Scenes information including interviews with Nadia Wheatley (writer) and Penny Chapman (producer), stills gallery, clips bank, and production materials including scripts, press kits and a poster.
- Our Place, an interactive online teacher forum where teachers can share their strategies for using My Place in the classroom and upload stories of their own students.
My Place for Teachers is a partnership project between Education Services Australia (ESA) and the Australian Children’s Television Foundation (ACTF).