Animalia - Primary Teaching Resource
Teaching Resource -
Animalia: Primary Teaching Resource - DVD
DVD & DVD-ROM TV Series (12 selected episodes) plus Teaching Resource
About this Resource
Alex and Zoe are two kids who find themselves in an extraordinary situation. After stumbling across a magical portal hidden in the town library they’re led to a parallel dimension, a sophisticated world called ANIMALIA. It’s a magical place dominated by talking animals.
The Animalia: Primary Teaching Resource (DVD & DVD-ROM) selects 12 episodes from the Animalia TV series (see Episodes for list).
The resource uses the TV animation series to support primary teachers inexploring concepts and issues of Civics & Citizenship, Values and Identity. The teaching activities relate to the embedded clips which can be viewed individually or as a class.
In the resource there are:
- more than 100 teaching activities and related Student Activity Sheets based on the 5Es teaching framework
- 39 embedded clips related to the teaching activities
- an interactive game for students to learn about leadership, relationships and problem solving
- character profiles and a gallery of stills from the TV series
- information about the Animalia TV series, including media kit, scripts, poster, series and clip synopsies
- links to other aligned resources and curriculum documents