Teaching Ideas for the MY:24 App
18 August 2017
At ACTF Education, we love hearing feedback about our content and resources from practicing teachers. Secondary teachers from Western Australia shared their teaching ideas for the MY:24 App in a professional learning session earlier this year.
Delivered in partnership with the WA Department of Education’s Literacy and Numeracy branch, our workshop walked secondary teachers through the resources available to them through the state’s Connect portal for educators and students. Groups of teachers then created their own short films using our free MY:24 app.
Through lively discussions with colleagues, teachers brainstormed some fantastic uses for the app in their classrooms. These included:
- New Year 7 students could make an autobiographical film to encourage them to reflect on their own lives, tell their story, and to learn about their classmates
- An introduction to documentary filmmaking for Media Arts students
- Students in remote communities could use the app to share their lives with city kids
- Documenting reflection about Reconciliation Week, ANZAC Day, Harmony Day
- Documenting any situation that has a ‘before’ and ‘after’, such as a school event
- Use as an alternative to oral presentations for students who struggle speaking in front of an audience
Have you been using the MY:24 App in your teaching and learning? We’d love to hear about it!