The ACTF provides funding and support to independent producers and writers of quality children's programs.
By helping these people develop new children's programs, we remain true to our goal of creating programs that children, parents and educators can rely on to be engaging, entertaining, accessible, creative and innovative.
Before we provide funding, we assess the project against a range of criteria, including:
- The originality and quality of the story
- The experience of the team behind it
- Its potential to engage with young audiences.
Although overall quality is our primary consideration in assessing a project, we also seek to encourage:
- Diverse stories, voices and faces
- An Australian voice and point of view
- Innovative use of new and emerging media platforms
- Bringing new and emerging producers to the industry, while harnessing the skills of experienced producers
- Works that address gaps in content/genre/age groups.
In every project we provide funding for, we ensure that it is produced to the highest standards. We do this by including creative input and regular consultation as a condition of our investment.
Funding applications are considered each quarter. See upcoming funding deadlines here.